Chiropractic Care: A Comprehensive Guide about the Techniques of the Chiropractor
Chiropractic treatment is required after any accident or injury or extreme pain that is not going on for a long time. The non-invasive and natural approaches of chiropractic treatment can work on the inner portion of the spine, the nervous system, and the musculoskeletal system. Let us go through the different techniques and methods of Chiropractic practices.
The manipulation of the spine manually takes place through adjustments. Chiropractors focus on the areas of the spine and properly understand the relationship between the nervous system and the spine and the different sources of the symptoms and the conditions of the pain. After the spinal adjustment, the alignment can be improved with many joints within the body. During this process, a popping sound can be observed and that will make the chiropractic treatment successful. When this type of controlled force is manually done, the chiropractors use some weight for assistance that can help to cure your lower back, upper back, and joint pain.
For relaxing and stretching the lumbar spine spinal decompression method is used. Patients may lie on the traction table that can either be motorized or non-motorized. Active Edge Chiropractic & Functional Medicine will help you to understand the right process of spinal decompression. Patients suffering from slipped and herniated discs can get relief with this method.
Just like spinal adjustments, spinal mobilization is also used by chiropractors. This method is a gentle process with slower thrusts for mobilizing the joints.
- Toggle Drop- Chiropractors can apply force on a specific portion of the body. This method helps in curing specific sections with optimal results.
- Cox Flexion- Similar to spinal mobilization, this method is gentle but useful. As the body stretches, this method can work best on the lower spine of the body.
Treatments Assisted With Instruments
Chiropractors take assistance from the instruments for curing neck and back pain. Though all the treatments are manual, some tools are required for assistance.
- Graston Technique- The soft tissues of the body can be mobilized by gentle scraping and messaging the skin. Rounded steel with a convex-concave shape can help in re-arranging the soft tissue structure that is being treated; restrictions and scar tissues can also be caused by the trauma and can include strained muscles and tendons.
- Activator Method- This method takes place when the patient lies down facing down on the table. Locating and treating back pain, neck pain, and even headaches becomes easy for chiropractors with the help of this method.
- Sacro-Occipital Technique- This is another method of spinal mobilization but using a tool. For realigning the pelvis, chiropractors may use this technique. Low force pressure is applied by the chiropractors by placing a wedge under the pelvis of the patient.
Chiropractors can help patients in curing their neck and back pain manually. Some assistance is also taken from different tools and instruments while providing the treatment. For some purposes, you may lie straight and for other purposes, the face should be down at the chiropractic tables. The stretches, exercises, mobilization, and decompression are some of the activities required during chiropractic treatment.
Previous Post: Toothache – Causes, Symptoms, and Common Causes to Know for Better Dental Care